Carrot - 2 Medium - diced
Tomato - 1 Medium - Chopped (I did not use tomato in this batch)
Whole dried Coriander - 2 tsps.
- In a stock pot heat the oil, add all the vegetables together and cook till gently brown.
- Add the dry spices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add the chicken piece and brown them till evenly colored.
- Now add salt and 6 cups of water.
- Let it boil over high heat. Once it starts boiling lower the heat and let the liquid simmer for 50 mins with the lid on. You should have about 5 cups of Yakhni. Once done, take it off the stove and let it rest for 20 mins. Check for salt, add more if needed.
- Use a strainer to strain the liquid in to a bowl and take out the chicken and shred it in a serving bowl. Set aside.
- Let the broth cool down till a layer of fat appears on the top of the bowl. Take a spoon and slowly skim it off. Once done heat it before serving.
- Add the hot broth to the bowl containing the shredded chicken pieces.
- Serve it with a squeeze of Lemon Juice.